HHM Congratulates Shirley J. Christian On Mahoning County Court Appointment
- December 10, 2014
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Lawyers with Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell Ltd. are congratulating Shirley J. Christian, a member of the law firm, on her appointment to serve as a judge in the Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas. Gov. John R. Kasich announced the appointment late today.
“We are very proud of our colleague and very pleased that a highly experienced, talented, conscientious and fair candidate secured this appointment,” said Kevin P. Murphy, chair of the law firm’s management committee. “With her 28 years of excellent work in the courts, thorough trial experience and long-standing track record for community service, particularly with work related to ethics and compliance, Shirley Christian is very well prepared to be an excellent judge.”
- Practicing law in Ohio since 1986.
- Former President, Mahoning County Bar Association (2012-2013)
- Focus on Medical Malpractice Defense and Labor and Employment Law
- Former Member of Supreme Court of Ohio Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline, (2006-2008)
- Former member of Ohio State Bar Association Commission on Judicial Candidates (2014)
- Former member of Ohio State Bar Association Board of Governors (2002-2005)
- Former Trustee, Mahoning County Bar Association
- Currently Board Secretary, Catholic Charities Housing Opportunities Board
Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell Ltd. is the area’s largest law firm, with offices in Youngstown, Warren, Salem and St. Clairsville and more than 20 full-time lawyers. The firm provides legal solutions to corporations, other businesses, non-profit organizations, government agencies and individuals.
# # #